Thursday, March 6, 2008

Uninspired

Dear reader(s):

Unless you want to hear me bitch about how: A.) spring cannot get here fast enough; B.) even the most Swiss-esque of us sometimes get caught up in office drama; or C.) a lack of uniterrupted sleep caused by an otherwise wonderful child has Mrs. E and I on the edge of sanity ... well, I don't have much to offer.

So I'm going to be lazy and post a few quotes I've collected that seem particularly appropriate this week:


"People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one."
- Leo J. Burke

"The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work."
- Robert Frost

"Inspiration is wonderful when it happens, but the writer must develop an approach for the rest of the time... The wait is simply too long."
- Leonard Bernstein

2 comments:

cycledork said...

Just an observation:

"… an otherwise wonderful child has Mrs. E and I on the edge of sanity."

in this case, the writer's reference to himself and Mrs. E is objective rather than subjective so the appropriate pronoun would be me, not I.

As I said, just an observation. Sleep well.

SAE said...

Nice catch, Sgt. Grammar Police. That's the kind of thing one misses because of sleep depravation ... and/or sheer stupidity.