Friday, January 18, 2008

The dangers of marriage

I had a cold so I went to bed a few minutes earlier than normal. I was dozing off on my side, facing away from her when she turned off the light and crawled into bed, shivering a bit as she pulled the comforter over herself. She said, "Good night," and I rolled to my back so she could kiss me goodnight. Blinded by the darkness, she said, "Where are you?" and put her right hand out to push herself toward me for the customary end-of-day smooch. "Ack," I said, pushing her arm away quickly. She had put most of her weight into that right hand, which was planted firmly on my throat. "You're choking me!" I said, in a tone a bit too desperate for the situation.

We laughed for several minutes before falling asleep.

3 comments:

Randy said...

You really think her choking you was unintentional?

SAE said...

Good question, Randy. One can never be too sure. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt this time ... but for the next few weeks I'll be switching water glasses with her and testing my brakes in the driveway nonetheless.

Randy said...

Watch out when at your desk, too. Good location for a sniper shot with that window behind you.