Friday, February 22, 2008

Don't be so (double) negative!

When did it become trendy for fortune cookies not to have an actual fortune in them? Yes, they still have that miniature piece of paper with a phrase on them, but most of them aren't fortunes. Instead they dole out horoscope-esque advice (Taking a chance at work may pay off in the long run) or lame, generic compliments (You are a thoughtful friend).

Posted in my workspace is the best non-fortune fortune cookie I've ever opened. It's especially fun for someone who fancies himself a writer. It reads: "You are not illiterate."

3 comments:

Randy said...

That's awesome! And I totally agree. The last actual fortune I remember getting was on my birthday a few years ago. It said 'You will win the lottery someday.' The Chinese phrase on it was Happy Birthday. So i got that going for me...which is nice!

SAE said...

That's hilarious. I'd like to think I don't believe in any of that BS, but I'd buy lottery tickets if I were you!

Anne said...

My favorite forutne cookie read "I hope you enjoyed your dinner. It may be your last."